What I Do
Today’s workforce is more diverse than ever. But without support, individuals can feel isolated. Cross-cultural mentoring enhances the power of difference to work in your organization.
Companies that embrace diversity and inclusion in all aspects of their business statistically outperform their peers.
Josh Bersin, Bersin Report, Dec. 7, 2015.
Supporting Leaders Through Workshops on Cross-Cultural Mentoring
- Supporting Gracious Humility
- Considering a Spectrum of Perspectives
- Communicating with Consideration
- Fostering an Environment of Engagement and Inclusion
Supporting Individuals Through Workshops for Diverse Teams
- Exploration of the Definition of Cross-Cultural Mentoring
- Using the 3 V’s – values, virtues, and vision – in Cross-Cultural Mentoring in the Workplace
- Interactive Activities to Explore the Ideas of Values, Virtue, and Vision
- Discussion of Cross-Cultural Mentoring as a Healing Tool
- Exploration of the Challenges and Rewards of Cross-Cultural Mentoring
- Interactive Activities to Develop and Learn Best Practices
- Question/Answer Session
- Closing Statement
Supporting Individuals Through One-on-One Cross-Cultural Mentoring
Cross-cultural mentoring is an ongoing, intentional, mutually beneficial process. Through listening, guiding, supporting, and providing wise counsel, cross-cultural mentors help create a pathway to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Participants learn core skills through a process of self-discovery and open dialog to create a culture of respect for differences, and value for each individual’s unique abilities and strengths.
Focusing on the Three V’s
Values in finding the commonalities between people of all color, ethnicities, and backgrounds, and in building trust and understanding.
Virtues in the face of numerous challenges in education, the abilities and ways of knowing how to deal with many personalities, cultures, and experiences, while maintaining individual and institutional boundaries, and overcoming barriers between people.
Vission the commitment to a vision that inspires one to clear educational pathways and help others overcome obstacles and limitations.